Our mission is to provide a supportive environment where entrepreneurs are given practical help to make significant improvements in their businesses. Business start-ups accepted onto the programme can expect to:
– Learn strategies to drive success and avoid failure;
– Receive mentoring and advice from industry experts;
– Have access to the resources of the University;
– Develop connections with like-minded entrepreneurs;
– Learn the art of presenting and articulating a business idea;
– Pitch their businesses to a panel of industry experts – with the best businesses receiving cash awards and support to further fuel growth.
Each Spark Accelerator programme has a specific focus, for instance, Digital or Agri-tech. This allows content, consultants, mentors and networking to be tailored around one interest area; maximising relevance and impact for the participants.
The programme is typically run for 2 days a week over an 8-10 week period, but this does vary from course to course.